How to Maintain Your Vehicle after Repair
We recommend that you follow these simple precautions in the first few months of your new finish’s life:
In the First 90 Days:
– Do not wax or polish the vehicle—this will allow the finish to dry and harden completely.
In the First 30 Days:
- Do not use a commercial car wash. Stiff brushes or sponges could mark the finish and damage the surface. Wash the vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car wash solution. Be sure to use a soft cloth or sponge.
- Wash the vehicle in the shade—never in the sun.
- Do not “dry wipe” the vehicle—always use clean water.
- Do not drive on gravel roads. Chipping the finish is easily done in the first 30 days.
- Do not park under trees which drop sap or near factories with heavy smoke fallout.
Trees are also likely to attract birds. Bird dropping have a high acid content and will damage a freshly painted surface. They should be washed off as soon as possible.
Do not scrape ice or snow from the surface. Your snow scraper can act like a paint scraper if the finish is new. Brush off the loose materials with a soft snow brush.